Zero Liquid Discharge Process
ZLD is a process that is beneficial to industrial and municipal organizations as well as the environment because it saves money and no efficient, or discharge, is left over, ZLD systems employ the most advanced wastewater treatment technologies to purify and recycle virtually all of the wastewater produced. Also zero liquid discharge technologies help plants meet discharge and water reuse requirements, enabling businesses to:
With all increasing demand on natural water resources and unabated pollution posed by industrial discharges into the environment, it become necessary to implement zero discharge system in industrial waste water treatment plants. In a waste water treatment facility, zero discharge theoretically means no discharge of any kind of pollutants into the environment.
Since the concept of zero discharge system is to ensure essentially no discharge of pollutants into the environment, recovery of water gains primary importance. It achieves two purpose
- Meet stringent discharge regulations.
- Treat and recover valuable products from waste streams.
- Better manage produced water.
- Waste water strong recovery separation by evaporation or boiling of water part of waste water not reusable, crystallizers and condensate recovery. ZLD plants produce solid waste.
- By reusing process water, utilization of natural water resources is minimized.
- Re-use of recovered water enhances the capacity of the industry to efficiently utilize available water as well as control its quality to the required level.